THE PERFECT AFTERCARE
We always make the greatest effort when tattooing to realize your tattoo perfectly. The optimal tattoo care is just as important so that your tattoo looks perfect.
Here you can read what you should pay attention to:
01 | DIRECTLY AFTER THE TATTOO-SESSION: APPLY THE PATCH AND LEAVE IT ON.
- We apply the patch for you, you leave it on. The patch should stay on the skin for 3 days at best, but at least 6-8 hours.
02 | UNTIL DAY 4, BUT ONLY IF NECESSARY: CLEAN TATTOO VERY CAREFULLY
- If the patch needs to be changed after 6-8 hours (e.g. if there is a large accumulation of wound secretions), be sure to wash your hands before changing it.
- Slowly peel off the patch under warm water and rinse the tattoo with pH-neutral soap if necessary.
- Dab off carefully with a lint-free cloth, allow air to reach the injured skin area.
03 | FROM DAY 4: ACTIVELY SUPPORT SKIN REGENERATION
- Remove the plaster as described under 02| and now do not apply a new one.
- Do not bandage in any other way either.
- It is best to wear loose clothing over the tattoo and keep the tattoo as clean as possible.
- Apply a thin layer of tattoo care cream in the morning, at noon and in the evening (depending on the skin type also up to six times a day) to help the skin regenerate.
- Wash hands before applying the cream to avoid contamination and inflammation.
- Do not touch. Scratching or frequently touching the tattoo increases the risk of inflammation and scarring.
- So keep your hands off! Then it stays beautiful 😉
- Drink a lot. Plenty of water and a vitamin-rich diet help the skin to regenerate faster.
04 | FROM THE THIRD WEEK: DAILY TATTOO CARE
- If you want to protect your tattoo from fading and running in the long term, you can use special care products.
- Feel free to contact us with questions about this or write us an email or on Instagram.
05 | IMPORTANT: GENERAL INFORMATION
- Suspend sports and heavy physical activities for 2 weeks.
- Avoid solarium, direct sunlight, sauna, long showers, baths or stays in the swimming pool for at least 6 weeks until complete healing.
- Chlorine is poison to your tattoo because it irritates and takes color away from tattooed skin.
- The UV radiation in sunlight also attacks the color pigments after the skin has healed and causes tattoos to fade.
- Therefore, always remember to wear adequate sun protection.
On our blog you will find more information about tattoo care and tattooing.
Thank you for your trust and your help! You have had a tattoo done by us and have chosen the climate-neutral aftercare information. We wish you a lot of joy with your new tattoo!
It’s a KODIAK.